Surah 85. Surah al Buruj
Surah 85. Surah al Buruj (The Constellations)
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
- By the heavens and the essence of the constellations,
- By the Day promised,
- By the witness and the witnessed,
- Destroyed were the Men of the Trench,
- The Fire inflamed with fuel,
- As they sat idly by it,
- And they were witness to what they were doing to those with faith
- They were vengeful towards them
For nothing but that they believed in Allah,
The Mighty, Worthy of Praise,
- To whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth;
And Allah is witness over all things.
- Indeed, those who persecute men of faith and women of faith,
But do not repent later,
For them, there is the punishment of Hell,
And chastisement of the swelling fire.
- Verily, for those who have certainty of faith,
And engage in righteous deeds,
For them there are Gardens
Beneath which flow rivers (of Divine grace)–
That is the triumph supreme!
- Indeed, the seizing by your Rabb is overwhelming!
- He it is Who originates creation, and brings it back;
- And He is the Forgiver, the Loving,
- Owner of the Throne, Glorious;
- Enforcer of His will.
- Has the story of the armies reached you?
- Of the Pharaoh and of Thamud?
- But those who disbelieve are in (a state of) denial.
- Lo! Allah surrounds them all around!
- No! This is the magnificent Quran,
- From a Tablet, secure.