Surah 80. Surah A’basa
Surah 80. Surah A’basa (He Frowned)
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
- He (the Prophet) frowned and turned away,
- When the blind man approached him.
- And how would you know, he may attain purification?
- Or if he was reminded, he would benefit from the reminder.
- But whoever considers himself beyond need (of guidance),
- You pay attention to him-
- Even though you are not (to blame) if he does not purify himself.
- And one who approached you with great effort,
- And is fearful (of the Day),
- You neglect him.
- No! This ( Qur’an) is indeed a Reminder,
- Then, let whoever so desires, be reminded,
- In Scriptures, honored,
- Exalted, purified,
- In the hands of Messengers,
- Blessed, free of blemish.
- Perish humankind! How ungrateful it is!
- From what substance was he (the human) created?
- From a drop of seminal fluid (We) create him,
Then molded him in due measure;
- Then made the path easy for him;
- Then took his life and had him placed in a grave;
- Then, as He wills, he is resurrected.
- No! He has not yet fulfilled what he was commanded to do.
- So, let the human look at his food;
- We did indeed pour the water, pouring,
- Then split the earth, splitting,
- Then we grew therein grain,
- And grapevines and vegetables,
- And olives and date palms,
- And gardens, profuse,
- And fruits and vegetation,
- Of benefit to you and your livestock.
- So when there comes the deafening sound;
- The Day man will flee from his own brother,
- And from his mother and his father,
- And his spouse and his children,
- Sufficient that Day will be his own affairs,
For every person among them.
- That Day, many a face will be reflecting light,
- Laughing, celebrating.
- And many a face covered with dust–
- Covered with darkness;
- Such are the ones who are the disbelieving, the wicked.