Surah 348. Surah al Naba’
Surah 348. Surah al Naba’ (The News)
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
- What do they ask each other about?
- (Do they ask) about the news of the Great Event?
- About which they disagree?
- No! Soon shall they know!
- Again, soon shall they know!
- Do they not see that We made the earth a place to rest?
- And the mountains to give it stability,
- And made for you spouses,
- And We provided you sleep for recuperation,
- And We made the night, cloaked (in mystery),
- And made the day for livelihood,
- And made the seven heavens above you, established firmly,
- And made the Lamp, shining brilliantly,
- And We sent down streams of water,
From clouds bearing rain,
- So that We bring forth from it grain and greenery,
- And gardens profuse.
- Indeed, the Judgment Day is at the Appointed Time,
- The Day when the trumpet is blown,
And you shall return in droves,
- And when the heavens are opened up,
Then become open gateways,
- And the mountains vanish,
And become a mirage.
- Indeed, Hell is a trap,
- A destination for the rebellious.
- They shall stay therein for a long time;
- They shall not taste therein (the comfort of) coolness,
Nor (the taste of) drink,
- Except a boiling, putrid fluid—
- A befitting recompense.
- Verily, they did not count on the reckoning,
- And they denied Our Signs, denying.
- And everything have We reckoned, documented.
- So taste (the punishment)!
We shall not but increase your punishment.
- Verily, for those who are conscious of Allah,
There is triumph;
- Gardens and vineyards;
- And pleasing companions of like age,
- And cups brimming (with Divine love),
- No vain talk nor a lie shall they hear,
- A recompense from your Rabb, granted in due measure—
- The Rabb of the heavens and the earth and what is between them,
No power do they have to speak before Him,
- The Day when the Spirit and the Angels stand in ranks,
None shall speak except as the Most Compassionate permits,
And he shall speak the truth.
- That is the Day of Truth!
So, let whoever so desires take refuge with his Rabb.
- Indeed, We have warned you of a punishment near,
The Day when everyone shall see what he has sent forth by his own hands,
And the disbeliever will say:
Woe is to me! I wish I was dust!”