Surah 76. Surah al Insan
Surah 76. Surah al Insan (Humankind)
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
- Has there transpired upon humankind a time
From (the oceans of timeless) Time
When he was not even a thing mentioned?
- We did indeed create the human
From a mixture of seminal fluid
(and a female ovum),
So that We may test him;
Then We endowed him with hearing,
- We did indeed guide him to the right path
Whether he was grateful or ungrateful.
- Indeed, We have prepared for the disbelievers,
Chains and yokes and a blazing Fire.
- Indeed, the people of moral excellence
Will drink from a cup
Mixed with Kafur;
- A spring whereof the servants of Allah drink,
Making it gush forth with streamlets.
- They fulfill their vows,
And fear the Day
Whose malevolence will be all pervasive.
- And they feed, for the love of Him,
The mendicant, and the orphan, and the prisoner.
- (Saying) we feed you not except to witness the omnipresence of Allah,
We ask not a recompense for it from you,
And no gratitude.
- Indeed We fear from our Rabb,
The overwhelming Day that will make the faces contort.
- So Allah will protect them from the evil of that Day,
And grant them cheerfulness and happiness.
- And reward them for their patience,
The Garden—and clothes of comforting softness;
- Reclining therein on thrones—
They shall feel therein neither the hot sun nor cold,
- And its shades (of comfort) shall be close to them,
And its bunches (of fruit of Divine Grace) hung low.
- And a round of service from utensils of silver
And goblets of glass crystals,
- Transparent (like glass), of silver,
In which (the drinks) are measured as they desire.
- They shall be served from it a drink
Mixed with Zanjabil,
- A fountain, gushing forth from Salsabil;
- And around them eternal youths,
When you see them
You reckon that they are scattered pearls.
- And when you look up—
You will, once again, witness the bounties,
And a dominion immeasurable!
- Upon them will be a green garment of fine silk and brocade,
And they shall be adorned with bracelets of silver,
And their Rabb will quench their thirst
With a drink of utmost purity (from His presence).
- This is indeed your recompense,
And your struggles have been accepted.
- Indeed We have sent down this Quran–a measured revelation,
- Be patient with the command of your Rabb,
And do not follow among them
Any wrong doer or disbeliever.
- And remember the Name of your Rabb,
Morning and evening.
- And by nightfall, prostrate before Him,
And glorify Him a large part of the night.
- Indeed, it is they who love this world,
And leave behind them (the remembrance of) the Momentous Day.
- We created them,
And strengthened their joints;
And if We so will,
We exchange their likes with replacements.
- Indeed this is a Reminder!
Then whoever so desires,
Let him take the right path to his Rabb.
- And you shall not exercise your will except as Allah wills;
Indeed, Allah is the Knower, the Wise!
- He admits to His Grace as He wills;
As for the transgressors,
For them, He has prepared a painful doom.