Surah 75. Surah al Qiyamah
Surah 75. Surah al Qiyamah (The Judgment Day)
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
- I call to witness the Day of Resurrection!
- And I call to witness the self-reproaching Ego!
- Does man reckon that We shall never gather together his bones?
- Yes, indeed! We have the power to restore his very finger tips!
- But man desires that he continue his wrongdoings into the future.
- He asks: “When is the Day of Resurrection?”
- So, when the inner eye is dazzled,
- And the moon is covered up,
- And the sun and the moon are collapsed together,
- The human will say that Day: “Where can I escape?”
- No! There is no escape.
- That Day, the journey shall be towards your Rabb.
- Mankind shall be informed that Day
Of what it sent ahead of it and what it left behind.
- No! The human is witness over its own soul,
- Even if it offers excuses.
- Do not move your tongue
To make haste with it (the Qur’an).
- Indeed, it is up to Us to assemble it
And to have it recited.
- So, when We have it recited,
Then, you follow the recital.
- Again, it is up to Us, indeed, to explain it.
- No! But you love this fleeting life,
- And you neglect the hereafter.
- That Day shall many a face be illuminated,
- Looking up towards their Rabb,
- And many a face shall grimace,
- They will surmise that a bone-crushing event will befall them.
- No! When the soul shall reach up to the throat,
- And it will be said: “Is there anyone who can cure and save him?”
- And he will think it is indeed about to separate (from his body),
- When calamity is mounted upon calamity,
- Towards your Rabb shall you be driven that Day.
- He neither accepted the Truth nor prayed,
- But he denied it and turned away,
- Then walked back to his folks, haughty.
- How sad for you! And how sad!
- Again, how sad for you! And how sad!
- Does the human reckon that he will be left alone?
- Was he not a drop of semen, split?
- Then it was an embryo,
Then He created, and shaped it in due proportion,
- Then He made from it mates, male and female.
- Is not (He who has) that (Power) Able to give life to the dead?