Surah 341. Surah Nuh
Surah 341. Surah Nuh (Noah)
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
- Lo! We sent Noah to his people, (saying):
“Warn your people before a painful doom descends on them”.
- He said: “I am indeed a manifest Warner to you!
- (Admonishing) that you worship (and serve) Allah,
And be conscious of Him,
And follow me.”
- “He will forgive you of your wrong doings,
And give you respite until the appointed time;
Indeed, when arrives the appointed time from Allah,
It shall not be delayed,
If only you knew!”
- He said: “O my Rabb!
I did invite my people night and day.
- But my invitation only increased their flight (from my call).”
- “And indeed, whenever I invited them
So that You may forgive them,
They put their fingers in their ears,
And covered themselves up with their clothes,
And ran away,
And were haughty—haughty indeed!”
- “Then I did indeed invite them with a louder voice.”
- “Then I did indeed invite them openly and secretly–in private.”
- And I told them: “Ask for forgiveness from your Rabb,
Verily, He is the Forgiver!”
- “He sends down upon you plentiful rain from the heavens,
- And He bestows upon you wealth and children,
And provides for you gardens,
And brings forth streams for you.
- What is it with you that you do not recognize the greatness of Allah,
- Even though He created you in stages?
- Do you not see how Allah has created the seven heavens, one above the other?
- And made the moon therein (reflecting) light,
And made the sun self luminescent?
- Lo! Allah has brought you forth from earth, like (he brought forth the) crops;
- Then you shall return therein,
And you shall be brought forth again—a second rising (resurrection).
- And Allah has spread out the earth for you,
- So that you walk on its wide highways.”
- Noah said: “O my Rabb! They disobey me,
And they follow one
Whose wealth and children but increase their loss.
- And they plot a big plot.
- And they say: ‘Never abandon your gods—
Do not abandon Wadda,
And not Sua; and not Yagut and Yawuq and Nasra.’
- And they have misled many,
And (O my Rabb!)
Do not increase for the transgressors anything but further drifting.”
- Because of their wrong-doings, they were drowned,
And were sent into the Fire,
Then, they found no helper for themselves besides Allah.
- And Noah said: “O my Rabb!
Do not leave on the earth any disbelieving inhabitant.
- Indeed, if You leave them, they will mislead Your servants,
And will give birth to none but wicked disbelievers.
- O my Rabb! Forgive me.
And my parents,
And whoever entered my house believing;
And believing men, and believing women,
And do not increase for the transgressors except everlasting punishment.”