Surah 69. Surah Al Haqqah
Surah 69. Surah al Haqqah
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
- The Event of Certainty.
- What is the Event of Certainty?
- And what will make you comprehend what the Event of Certainty is?
- The people of Thamud and A’ad gave the lie to the Momentous Event.
- As for the Thamud, they were destroyed by the mighty blast;
- And, as for the A’ad, they were destroyed by an extraordinary windstorm.
- He held it (the windstorm) captive, continuously over them, seven nights and eight days; then you would see the people lying around (dead and scattered) as if they were hollow trunks of palm trees.
- So, do you see any trace of them?
- And there came the Pharaoh, and before him the people of the destroyed cities (the people of Lot) with their wickedness.
- And they disobeyed their Messenger,
So He seized them with a mighty grip.
- Verily, when the waters rose with awesome fury,
We carried you in the Ark.
- So that We make it a remembrance for you,
And those who hear (with their heart), keep its memory.
- Then, when the trumpet is blown—a single blast;
- And the earth and the mountains are lifted up, and crushed—a single crushing;
- Then that day, what is to happen shall happen.
- And the sky shall break asunder, for it shall be very weak that Day.
- And the angels shall be on its sides,
And on that Day, eight shall hold up above them the throne of your Rabb.
- That Day, you shall be presented (for Judgment)—
Nothing, but nothing, shall be hidden from you.
- Then, one who is given his book (of deeds) in his right hand will say:
“Take and read my book (book of my deeds);
- I was indeed certain that I would face my Reckoning.”
- So, he will be in a state of acceptance (by Allah),
- In the Garden raised up,
- Whose fruits are easy to reach.
- (It will be said to them):
“Eat and drink for what you sent forth in days past.”
- And as for one who is given his book of (deeds) in his left hand—
He will surely say: Woe is me!
(I wish) my book (of deeds) was not given to me,
- And I did not know what my account was.
- I wish it (death) was the end of it!
- Of no benefit to me was my wealth.
- Gone from me is my authority.
- (It will be said):
“Seize him! And shackle him!
- Then throw him into Hellfire!
- Then chain him with a chain whose length is seventy measures.”
- Indeed, he did not believe in Allah, the supreme,
- And he did not urge the feeding of the mendicants.
- Therefore, no friend does he have here this Day,
- And no food except from a putrid fluid;
- None shall eat it except the culpable.
- And I swear by what you perceive —
- And what you do not perceive—
- Indeed it is a Scripture from a Messenger, honored;
- And it is not the recitation of a poet—
Little is it that you believe!
- And (it is) not from the sayings of a soothsayer—
Little is it that you remember!
- (It is a Revelation) sent down in measures from the Rabb of all the worlds.
- And if he (the Messenger) had ascribed (made up) any words to Us,
- We would seize him by his right hand,
- Then, we would certainly cut off the arteries (to his heart),
- And there is none among you who could stop it,
- And indeed, it is verily a Remembrance for those who are conscious of their Rabb,
- And indeed, We assuredly know that among you are those who give the lie (to Revelation),
- And indeed, it is truly a matter of regret for the disbelievers,
- And indeed, it is, of a certainty, the Truth.
- Therefore, glorify the Name of your Rabb,
The Most High!